Thursday, February 23, 2017

Compound Effect

delicate and exquisite

Two days ago, I wrote this on my FB status:

"Feeling troubled.  Actually there's no problem.  No problem at all but feeling troubled.  How?"

My FB friends thought I was having anxiety disorder.  Well, can't blame them.  At least they cared enough to leave a comment.

Actually, I was troubled because earlier in the day, a friend had texted me that she needed to raise a substantial sum of money.  I typed a total of 3 messages in reply but deleted each one of them. Why? Because I didn't know what to say.

The request threw my mind into chaos because I believed no one would ask you for money if they don't need it.  And secondly, what are friends for, if you can't help them in a time of need?  But she said she would pay me back when she gets a bonus (which is uncertain) and when she sells her house (which is going to take time).

The amount, by the way, was  > RM10,000  but  < RM20,000. 

Fortunately, before the end of the day, she texted me to say it's already settled.

The next day, I posted this on my FB:

"The Compound Effect, embrace it!

It's boring.  It's turtle speed (not talking about the Ninja one) but it's the only thing you need to do and it's magically simple.  Take BABY STEPS lama lama jadi bukit.  Do something CONSISTENTLY over TIME and the outcome will astound you.  It's not just money but in matters concerning work, love and health as well.

The pain of discipline is better than the pain of regret".

This was said by Darren Hardy, who definitely says it better than me, so please go check out his videos in YouTube and his blog/website.

I'm not very good with visualisation, a method taught by other success mentors but I absolutely love the "compound effect" concept.  Just do something regularly and time will make your dreams come true. It's truly the 8th wonder of the world.

Things do show up in life, unexpectedly.  We need to be prepared.  Enjoy moderately and track all expenses.

COMPOUND EFFECT by Darren Hardy.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Look the other way

The scale and beauty of the project was astounding, but I couldn't help feeling a little overwhelmed as I ventured into the site. Th...